Broadview Avenue from Gerrard Street to Danforth Avenue - essential local rail and concrete repairs
Starting week of July 15, 2018
Work description and purpose
Starting the week of July 15, TTC will be conducting localized rail and concrete repairs to sections of the streetcar track on Broadview, between Gerrard Street and Danforth Avenue. The work is required to return the area to a state of good repair for all road users. Additionally, rail grinding will be conducted to further improve the condition of the rail surface that will aid in reducing noise and vibration levels, extend the life of the rail and provide a smoother streetcar operation.
- Crews will occupy the streetcar track allowance (track lanes) to conduct the repairs.
- Traffic will be maintained in both directions through the moving work zone.
- Some parking and turning restrictions will be required to create a safe work zone for the crew and maintain transit, traffic and cyclists moving on Broadview Avenue.
Work hours and timeline
- Activities will include milling/breaking old concrete and placing new concrete. Some areas will require the replacement of a short section of rail. The majority of removal will be done between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Some overnight work may be necessary. Concrete will be placed afterwards and left to cure overnight.
- TTC trailers are set up on Montcrest Boulevard. Parking will be restricted in this area.
- Lane restrictions through the work area will remain in place for approximately 24 hours after new concrete is placed to allow it to cure before vehicle traffic is allowed to travel over the repaired area.
- Rail grinding activities between Gerrard Street and Danforth Avenue will occur from 10:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
TTC service changes
The 505 Dundas and 504D King replacement buses will be maintained through the work area.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532; email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service