Dupont Station Easier Access Project
Lane reductions at Spadina Road and Dupont Street until the end of 2018
As part of TTC’s commitment to provide accessible transit, work is underway at the Dupont and Spadina intersection to install new elevators that will make Dupont Station accessible to all customers.
Dupont Station is expected to be accessible by the end of 2018 and traffic lanes in the area will be reduced for approximately two years. This longer-term work will include the following station improvements:
- Three elevators to access all levels of the station
- Accessible fare gates
- Barrier-free path to the subway platform
- Improved signage
- CCTV – Security cameras
Dupont Station Easier Access Project Work Zone Shift
Dupont Station Elevator — 1 and 3 Construction Work
Scheduled Start Date: Ongoing
Approximate Completion Date: end of 2018
Elevator 1 (E1) and Elevator 3 (E3) construction work will begin, on the southeast side of the intersection within the City right of way in August 2017. Traffic lanes will be reduced until the end of 2018.
Crews will be refreshing the traffic lines at this intersection at the end of August (over a period of a few weeks). Crews will also set up the work zone on the south east corner of the intersection. Work will take place overnight for crew safety and when the traffic volumes are lower.
- A minimum of one lane in each direction will be maintained.
- Through-traffic and TTC bus service in all directions will be maintained.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained - safe detours and signage will be in place.
- Access to the subway entrance at the southeast corner of Dupont and Spadina will be maintained, with detours as required.
- Parking within construction zone will be reduced.
- For safety reasons, bicycle parking will be removed.
Most work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with some extensions outside of these hours in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
Noise and Vibration
Noise and vibration associated with construction can be expected with this work. Efforts will be made to keep levels to a minimum.
26 Dupont and 127 Davenport bus service will be maintained through the intersection during the work. Bus stops will be relocated to a nearby location, as required.
• Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service