Line 1 closed between St Clair to Lawrence stations for Metrolinx Crosstown LRT work - July 21/22
Some parking restrictions to improve transit and traffic
Work description and purpose
During the July 21/22 weekend, there will be no subway service on Line 1 between Lawrence and St Clair stations for Metrolinx’s Eglinton Crosstown LRT work. Another subway closure of the same area is currently scheduled for August 11/12. The TTC will take advantage of these closures for maintenance and upgrades in the affected areas.
Shuttle buses will operate – see Transit service below. Regular subway service resumes on the Monday following each weekend.
Parking restrictions to keep transit and traffic moving
TTC in co-ordination with Toronto Police Service will temporarily restrict southbound street parking in some areas along the shuttle bus route.
- Parking on the northbound side of Yonge Street (east curb lane) between Eglinton and St Clair avenues will be available.
- Parking on the southbound side of Yonge Street (west curb lane) between Eglinton and St Clair avenues will be restricted from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday.
- Parking on Yonge Street between Lawrence Avenue and Bedford Park Avenue and Wanless Avenue will be restricted on both Saturday (7 a.m. to 9 p.m.) and Sunday (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.).
Near St Clair Station:
- Parking restrictions on Pleasant Boulevard and Avoca Avenue.
Temporary parking restrictions are used on shuttle bus routes across the system to keep the city moving as smoothly as possible during scheduled subway closures.
Subway trains on Line 1 will continue to operate between Finch and Lawrence stations, and between St Clair and Union stations.
Shuttle buses will run frequently along Yonge Street, stopping outside stations and serving customers between Lawrence and St Clair only.
Customers can use the 97 Yonge bus, in addition to the University side of Line 1 as alternatives during the closure. Wheel-Trans buses are available for customers who require this service during the closure period.
York Mills area
During this closure, northbound shuttle buses will drop customers off outside of Lawrence Station, and head to York Mills to loop back southbound. Shuttle buses will not serve customers at York Mills Station as trains are running.
To loop back southbound, shuttle bus routing will be split at York Mills as follows:
- Regular buses – Northbound on Yonge Street to York Mills Station bus loop, west on York Mills Road, south on Yonge Street to Lawrence Station for customer pick-up, and proceed south to St Clair Station
- Articulated buses – Northbound on Yonge to an on-street loop via Old York Mills Road, York Mills Road, back to Yonge Street, south to Lawrence Station for customer pick-up, and proceed south to St Clair Station
What to expect
There will be an increased number of TTC buses in the York Mills area during this subway closure (Old York Mills Road and York Mills Road).
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service