Main Street Station - station upgrades
Bus/streetcar loop closed until early September 2018
Work description and purpose
TTC is working to upgrade the infrastructure at Main Street Station. These upgrades include roof replacement, sections of the bus roadway and platform rehabilitation, improved lighting, relocation of the walkway, track replacement and new streetcar overhead. The majority of the work is scheduled to take place when the bus/streetcar loop is closed from May 13 to early September 2018. As a result the project will involve transit diversions.
To date, all track work has been completed on Main Street and inside the station. TTC and its contractor is continuing work on the roof, bus roadway and platform, lighting upgrades and walkway work.
See the initial/preliminary project information provided from the Main Street Station Open House (.pdf) on January 17, 2018.
The majority of the work will take place during weekdays from 7a.m. to 9 p.m., and on weekends as required. Continuous work is required during rail installation phases of the track work to ensure the integrity and quality of the new rail and concrete installation.
While we cannot eliminate all noise, crews will do their best to keep levels to a minimum.
TTC service starting Sunday, May 13
Temporary routing changes are required during the closure of the bus/streetcar loop starting May 13.
- 20 Cliffside, 23 Dawes and 300 Blue Night: route maintained; on street boarding at Danforth/Main.
- 62 Mortimer, 64 Main and 87 Cosburn: route maintained, buses diverting to/from Main Street Station; on street boarding at Danforth/Main.
- 113 Danforth and 135 Gerrard: route shortened, buses diverting to Victoria Park Station; no stop at Danforth/Main.
- 306 Carlton: route maintained and extended to Victoria Park Station via Danforth and Victoria Park.
- 506 Carlton: route diverting to Victoria Park Station from Gerrard/Main via Gerrard and Victoria Park; no stop at Danforth/Main.
Temporary stops will be posted on Danforth Avenue near Main Street where customers can transfer between buses and subway. Nearby parking will be restricted as required, including areas to accommodate bus stops.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service