St Patrick Station - Easier Access Project
Construction ongoing until the end of 2018
St Patrick Station Easier Access Project Update
TTC’s Easier Access Program will make subway stations accessible to everyone. The TTC is working towards its goal of making St Patrick Station accessible.
The overall project includes:
- Barrier free path to all levels of the station
- New accessible entrance and elevators to access the street, concourse and platform levels
- Accessible fare gates
- Improved signage
- Additional security cameras (along the accessible pathway)
*Content/timelines accurate of time of posting
St Patrick Station - Easier Access Project –traffic lanes are reduced on University Avenue for Elevator 1 (E1) construction
Traffic Details (until end of 2018)
- Construction will occupy the north island at the University Avenue and Dundas Street West intersection and traffic lanes adjacent to the University Avenue island will be reduced for at least two years for the elevator construction.
St Patrick Station - new accessible street level entrance and elevator at 480 University Avenue development
During construction, the existing stairwell entrance is closed and traffic lanes on the north-west corner are reduced on University Avenue
TTC is coordinating with the 480 University Avenue developer to construct a new accessible entrance and elevator (E2) from street level to concourse level. Construction work is ongoing at 480 University Avenue. The developer is building an accessible street-level entrance, elevator and underground connection to the subway. This construction work is required to connect the street level elevator (E2) to the TTC Subway station via a concourse level pathway.
In order to accommodate the developer’s work, the St Patrick Station entrance stairwell on the northwest corner of University Avenue and Dundas Street will be closed and some traffic lane reductions on University Avenue are required.
The completion date and official opening of this entrance is dependent on the condominium construction. Closer to this time, TTC construction crews will re-enter to install the PRESTO-enabled fare gate equipment, other electrical/communication systems and the station finishes.
- A traffic lane reduction is required on University Avenue on the north east corner of the intersection.
- Additional nightly and weekend traffic lane closures may be required to accommodate the developer’s work. The southbound University Avenue lane will be reduced to one lane only during these times.
- Through-traffic will be maintained on Dundas Street West through the intersection.
TTC entrances and pedestrian details
- The St Patrick Subway Station entrance stairwell on the northwest corner of University Avenue and Dundas Street (near the 480 University Avenue building) is closed for the duration of this work.
- Please use other available TTC entrances to access the station (entrances are available on the north-east and, south-west, south-east corners of the intersection).
- The sidewalk on the northwest corner of the intersection will be reduced, but will remain open for pedestrian use.
- Walkways will remain open; however, pedestrians will be required to cross University Avenue on the south side of the University/Dundas intersection.
- The north side crossing and centre island will be closed.
- The pedestrian crossing between the islands will also be closed in order to complete construction safely.
- The bus shelter in front of 480 University Avenue that serves the 142 Downtown/Avenue Road Express bus and will be removed for the duration of the developer’s construction and will be reinstated after the work is completed. The bus stop will be relocated to a nearby location.
Noise and vibration
- Noise and vibration associated with construction is expected. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
For construction inquires, please contact the 480 University Avenue developer:
- Core Architects
- Telephone: 416-343-0400
Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service: 416-393-3030 (daily 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps
TTY Line: 416-481-2523 (daily 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed holidays).
Route/Schedules/Fares: 416-393-4636 (INFO) or ttc.ca.
TTC wide route/schedule information: 416-393-INFO (4636) or ttc.ca
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service