St Patrick Station - Easier Access Project
Construction ongoing until the end of 2018
St Patrick Station Easier Access Project Update
TTC’s Easier Access Program will make subway stations accessible to everyone. The TTC is working towards its goal of making St Patrick Station accessible.
The overall project includes:
- Barrier free path to all levels of the station
- New accessible entrance and elevators to access the street, concourse and platform levels
- Accessible fare gates
- Improved signage
- Additional security cameras (along the accessible pathway)
Construction will occupy the north island at the University Avenue and Dundas Street West intersection and traffic lanes on University Avenue will be reduced for at least 2 years for the elevator construction.
*Content/timelines accurate of time of posting
Construction Notice – Overnight work
Start Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017- Friday, August 4, 2017
TTC’s Easier Access Program will make subway stations accessible to everyone. The TTC is making progress towards making St Patrick Station accessible. The project involves some overnight construction.
Crews will be transporting a large crane into the construction site (located on the University Avenue Island) overnight.
The work will be done at night to provide safe removal of materials and to reduce impacts to pedestrian movement and vehicular traffic.
The crane will operate overnight to remove heavy material from the site.
Other typical construction activities will continue during the day.
Pedestrian and Traffic Details
Traffic lanes will be reduced on University Avenue overnight to accommodate the cranes and construction vehicles. The Southbound University Avenue lane will be reduced to one lane only during this work.
Through-traffic will be maintained on Dundas Street West through the University Avenue intersection.
Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum. Some noise will be unavoidable.
Thank you for your support as we work to make the TTC subway system accessible.
St Patrick Station - Easier Access Project - traffic lanes reduced and north side pedestrian crossing closed at Dundas and University for Elevator 1 (E1) construction
Date: April 1 until the end of 2017
Preparatory construction at St. Patrick Station began in mid-February. Starting April 1, construction will occupy the north island at the University Avenue and Dundas Street West intersection and traffic lanes on University Avenue will be reduced for at least two years for the elevator construction.
Traffic and pedestrian details
- Walkways will remain open; however, pedestrians will be required to cross University Avenue on the south side of the University/Dundas intersection.
- The north side crossing and centre island will be closed.
- The pedestrian crossing between the islands will also be closed in order to complete construction safely.
St Patrick Station stairwell entrance on the north-west corner to be closed for street level elevator 2 (E2) construction and University Avenue traffic lane reductions
Start Date: July 15, 2017 until winter, 2018
TTC is coordinating with the 480 University Avenue developer to construct a new accessible entrance and elevator (E2) from street level to concourse level. On July 15, 2017, work will begin on the north-west corner stairwell entrance (at 480 University Avenue) for the street level elevator (E2) construction.
The developer is building an accessible street-level entrance and connection to the subway. This construction work is required to connect the street level elevator (E2) to the TTC Subway station via a concourse level pathway.
In order to accommodate the developer’s work, the St Patrick Station entrance stairwell on the northwest corner of University Avenue and Dundas Street will be closed and some traffic lane reductions on University Avenue are required (until Winter 2018).
The construction work (and north side pedestrian crossing) for the concourse level to platform level elevator (E1), located on the University Avenue island continues until the end of 2017.
Traffic and pedestrian details
- The St Patrick Subway Station entrance stairwell on the northwest corner of University Avenue and Dundas Street (near the 480 University Avenue building) will be closed for the duration of this work (until Winter 2018).
- Please use other available TTC entrances to access the station (entrances are available on the north-east and, south-west, south-east corners of the intersection).
- The sidewalk on the northwest corner of the intersection will be reduced, but will remain open for pedestrian use.
- Nightly and weekend traffic lane closures may be required to accommodate the developer’s work. The southbound University Avenue lane will be reduced to one lane only during these times.
- Through-traffic will be maintained on Dundas Street West through the intersection.
- The bus shelter in front of 480 University Avenue that serves the 142 Downtown/Avenue Road Express bus and will be removed for the duration of the developer’s construction and will be reinstated after the work is completed. The bus stop will be relocated to a nearby location.
Noise and Vibration
- Noise and vibration associated with construction is expected. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
For construction inquires, please contact the 480 University Avenue developer:
- Core Architects
- Telephone: 416-343-0400
Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service: 416-393-3030 (daily 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps
TTY Line: 416-481-2523 (daily 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed holidays).
Route/Schedules/Fares: 416-393-4636 (INFO) or ttc.ca.
TTC wide route/schedule information: 416-393-INFO (4636) or ttc.ca
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service