St Patrick Station - Easier Access Project
Construction ongoing until the end of 2018
St Patrick Station Easier Access Project Update
TTC’s Easier Access Program will make subway stations accessible to everyone. The TTC is working towards its goal of making St Patrick Station accessible.
The overall project includes:
- Barrier free path to all levels of the station
- New accessible entrance and elevators to access the street, concourse and platform levels
- Accessible fare gates
- Improved signage
- Additional security cameras (along the accessible pathway)
Construction will occupy the north island at the University Avenue and Dundas Street West intersection and traffic lanes on University Avenue will be reduced for at least 2 years for the elevator construction.
St Patrick Station - Easier Access Project - traffic lanes reduced and north side pedestrian crossing closed at Dundas and University for Elevator 1 (E1) construction
Date: April 1 until the end of 2017
Preparatory construction at St. Patrick Station began in mid-February. Starting April 1, construction will occupy the north island at the University Avenue and Dundas Street West intersection and traffic lanes on University Avenue will be reduced for at least two years for the elevator construction.
Traffic and pedestrian details
- Walkways will remain open; however, pedestrians will be required to cross University Avenue on the south side of the University/Dundas intersection.
- The north side crossing and centre island will be closed.
- The pedestrian crossing between the islands will also be closed in order to complete construction safely.
St Patrick Station stairwell entrance on the north-west corner to be closed for street level elevator 2 (E2) construction and University Avenue traffic lane reductions
Start Date: July 15, 2017 until winter, 2018
TTC is coordinating with the 480 University Avenue developer to construct a new accessible entrance and elevator (E2) from street level to concourse level. On July 15, 2017, work will begin on the north-west corner stairwell entrance (at 480 University Avenue) for the street level elevator (E2) construction.
The developer is building an accessible street-level entrance and connection to the subway. This construction work is required to connect the street level elevator (E2) to the TTC Subway station via a concourse level pathway.
In order to accommodate the developer’s work, the St Patrick Station entrance stairwell on the northwest corner of University Avenue and Dundas Street will be closed and some traffic lane reductions on University Avenue are required (until Winter 2018).
The construction work (and north side pedestrian crossing) for the concourse level to platform level elevator (E1), located on the University Avenue island continues until the end of 2017.
Traffic and pedestrian details
- The St Patrick Subway Station entrance stairwell on the northwest corner of University Avenue and Dundas Street (near the 480 University Avenue building) will be closed for the duration of this work (until Winter 2018).
- Please use other available TTC entrances to access the station (entrances are available on the north-east and, south-west, south-east corners of the intersection).
- The sidewalk on the northwest corner of the intersection will be reduced, but will remain open for pedestrian use.
- Nightly and weekend traffic lane closures may be required to accommodate the developer’s work. The southbound University Avenue lane will be reduced to one lane only during these times.
- Through-traffic will be maintained on Dundas Street West through the intersection.
- The bus shelter in front of 480 University Avenue that serves the 142 Downtown/Avenue Road Express bus and will be removed for the duration of the developer’s construction and will be reinstated after the work is completed. The bus stop will be relocated to a nearby location.
Noise and Vibration
- Noise and vibration associated with construction is expected. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
For construction inquires, please contact the 480 University Avenue developer:
- Core Architects
- Telephone: 416-343-0400
For further information:
Denise Jayawardene, Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, email@example.com.
Elevator Alert: Don Mills Station, Southeast entrance to concourse, out of service.
Last updated 6:06 AM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service