Victoria Park to Warden stations - lighting upgrades
Overnight work on March 25 and April 8
Construction Update - March 22, 2018
On Sunday, March 25 and Sunday, April 8, pending weather, overnight work will occur within the subway right-of-way east of Victoria Park Station shortly after Saturday subway service ends. The work will involve the use of a high-pressured vacuum truck to remove ballast (stones) from the track area. This activity will begin soon after a safe work zone is established. New concrete will also be formed and placed underneath the track area for future duct bank and cable installation.
March 25 - east of Pharmacy Avenue, near Wanstead Avenue
April 8 - near Byng Avenue
If the weather is not favourable, the work will be rescheduled to the following weekend.
The work crew will be on-site between 3 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.; arriving shortly after subway service ends on Saturday and leaving before service begins on Sunday.
Work description and purpose
TTC started a long-term project in August 2017 to upgrade the existing lighting infrastructure in the open-air sections of the subway line between Victoria Park and Warden stations. Crews began working from Victoria Park Station and move east towards Warden Station.
All work occurs within the subway right-of-way and involves:
- Installing new electrical feeds and duct banks.
- Constructing new light pole bases within the subway right-of-way by using hydro vacuum excavation and placing new concrete.
- Hoisting new light poles into position.
- Restoring any chain link fences or landscaping affected by this project.
- Removing existing electrical cables and light poles after the new lighting infrastructure project is completed.
- Access to the work areas will primarily be from the Hydro right-of-way adjacent to the subway line.
While the majority of the work will be done during the daytime on weekdays and weekends, some work is required at night for safety reasons and to support daytime activities. Overnight work activities will include installing protective fencing to create a safe work area and conducting minor excavation underneath and across the subway tracks.
Efforts will be made to keep noise to a minimum.
Subway service will be maintained through the work area.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison, 416-981-1601; email@example.com.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service